Creates design for new construction projects using specialist construction knowledge and high-level drawing skills to design buildings that are functional, safe, sustainable, and aesthetically-pleasing to the public.
The City Architectural Planning and Design Office shall:
- Formulate measures for the consideration of the Sanggunian and provide technical assistance and support to the City Mayor in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to architectural planning and deisng;
- Develop plans and strategies and upon approval of the City Mayor, implement the same. Particularly those which have to do with architectural planning and design programs and projects.
- Prepare and recommend for consideration of the Sanggunian the architectural plan and design for the local government unit or a part thereof, including the renewal of slums and blighted areas, land reclamation activities and the greening of land.
- Review and endorse for appropriate action of the Sanggunian and the City Mayor the architectural plans and design submitted by government and non-government entities or individuals, particularly those from developed, underdeveloped and poorly-designed areas.
- Coordinate with government and non-government entities or individuals involved in the aesthetics and the maximum utilization of land and water within the jurisdiction of the city, with consideration to environmental integrity and ecological balance.
- Be in the frontline of the delivery of series involving architectural planning and design, particularly those related to the redesigning of spatial distribution of basic facilities and physical structures during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters and /or calamities.
- Endorse to the Sanggunian and advise the City Mayor of all other matters relative to the architectural planning and design as it relates to the total socio-economic development of the city.
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by laws or ordinances.
FRONTLINE SERVICES OFFERED:
- Planning and designing of proposed projects
- Conducting field surveys, inspections, and technical investigations on all infrastructure projects